AUSTIN TAMIL SANGAM YOUTH CLUB
Today’s youth are tomorrow’s leaders. But that’s not all. Youth play an important role in forming the fabric of a society and the nation. So it is very critical to engage, encourage and provide them with learning and development opportunities to contribute and lead real time initiatives benefitting them and community.
Austin Tamil Sangam is proud to launch ATS Youth Club. ATS Youth Club is a community focused initiative to increase the integration of young people through volunteering and service to community. This is a great platform for the Tamil Youth to interact with their peer groups and enhance their experience with Tamil culture and language. Our main objectives are:
- Learn – foster and develop learning and developmental opportunities for the young people to increase their capabilities for their long term success and development.
- Contribute – provide a platform to contribute and serve the community using life skills learned such as volunteering, service, communication, collaboration and team work
- Lead – offer continuous opportunities for the youth to lead ATS aligned projects under the guidance of seasoned ATS executive team
Eligibility: Students from age 10 onwards from Tamil community residing in the Greater Austin area. We strongly encourage college students to join our Youth club.
Some of the projects planned for 2015:
- Membership drive (dry run for Youth Club) – completed in Aug 2015
- 2015 Deepavali Mega Fest
- Charity drive
- Leadership training
- ATS Garden club initiatives